How to Unblock Downloads on Google Chrome
Google Chrome is one of the most popular if not the most popular browser in the world today. The browser is full of features and deliver a great browsing experience. It works cross-platform making it possible for you use it on all your devices. It comes also loaded with security features protecting you from threats, malware and online thefts.
One of the area the security function works is in downloads. The browser blocks any download it detects as malicious and does not download them. But what if you’re bent on downloading those files? Are there ways you can bypass Chrome restrictions? Off course, you can! And in this post we’ll show you how.
Unblocking Downloads in Google Chrome
Google Chrome ensures security when using the browser and you can have safe browsing. The downloads security feature will stop you from downloading or opening files from the internet that are infected with malware.
If you still wish to download a file no matter the restrictions Chrome placed on it, there’s a way to unblock the restriction. Here’s how:
1. Open Google Chrome on your PC or Mac.
2. Click the three-dot icon located at the top right for more option. From there, navigate to Settings > Privacy and Security.
3. Select Security and when the next page opens, select Standard Protection. Chrome will shield you from dangerous websites, and downloads.
Now you can check if downloading has been unblocked now.
4. If they’re still blocked, select the No Protection option. This settings is not recommended as you risk getting your computer infected.
If you still find your downloads blocked, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy and Security > Site Settings.
2. Under the Permissions section, select Additional Permissions and next select Automatic Downloads.
3. Disable the “Do not allow any site to download multiple files automatically.” option by clicking the toggle.
4. You may also decide to use the Allow list to add a specific website. Simply click on Add at the right-hand side.
How to Unblock a File
There may be times when you downloaded a file but unable to open it. Here’s how to bypass the security feature.
1. Open the Downloads folder or the folder the file is located on your computer. Right-click on the file and select Properties from the resulting menu.
2. Navigate to the General tab and select Unblock which you’ll find in the Security section.
3. Hit Apply and select OK to effect the changes.
How to Unblock Multiple Files
It’s possible you have many files that have been blocked from opening, and you want to Unblock them all at once. Do the following to achieve this.
1. Right-click the Start button on the taskbar and select Windows Powershell.
2. Enter the following: “get-childitem “PATH” | unblock-file.” Replace the word “path” with the path name of the folder containing the files you want unblocked.
3. Next, hit Enter.
Now the downloads can go on and on. But be careful so you don’t download an ‘infectious’ file. While it’s cool to be able to enable Chrome from downloading any kind of file, you don’t want your computer virus-infected. So watch out. We hope you found this helpful, if you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Unblock Downloads on Google Chrome.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.