How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
Zoom is one of the most popular video conferencing apps. Used mostly by businesses, students are also using it to attend class, likewise hobbyist, whether it is a game they are playing or they are having a music quartet.
Due to you being a novice and your first attempt of using the platform, you might have casually inputted your nickname or just a fun name or even your email address. And now you have a job interview that’s to hold on Zoom. Worried? You can easily change your name before the meeting. Though tricky, it’s super easy. In this article, we guide you on how to do this.
Change Zoom Name on Web Browser
If you want to use Zoom on a web browser and desire to change your name, follow the steps below:
1. Open zoom.us on your browser and log into you account. When it has loaded, look over the left side menu where “Profile” is, and click “Profile”.
2. Next, click on on the “Edit” option with blue color. You’ll see this option beside your current display name.
3. Change your name by clicking the box that relates to it and enter the new name.
4. From here, you can also set your phone number, update your company, department and job title. This place also includes option to change the current location.
5. Zoom seem not to employ any geo-tagging algorithm. An interesting fact!
Change Zoom Name on Desktop App
When you’ve launched Zoom on your computer, follow the instruction below to change your name.
1. In the upper-right corner of the Zoom screen is your profile icon. Click on this icon.
2. A drop-down menu will be opened. From here, click on the Sign Out option that is present at the button of the drop-down. After this, close the app.
3. Launch the Zoom app again on your computer.
4. When it’s up and running, click the “Join a Meeting” option. This will cause the “Join Meeting” screen to open.
5. Enter the meeting’s ID in the text box up. Type in a name in the text box down. When you’re pleased with your choice, click the “Join” button.
Change Zoom Name on Mobile App
On Android and iOS, changing your name before a meeting begins requires you to first log out of your Zoom account. Follow this steps to achieve this:
1. Launch the Zoom app. Tap on the “Settings” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
2. From Settings, select account name located at the top.
3. This will open the “My Profiles” screen from where you should tap the “Sign Out” button that can be accessed when you scroll down the screen.
4. When you have been logged out, tap on “Join a Meeting” button. The next screen have fields for the Meeting ID and the name you want to bear for the meeting. Fill this fields inputting your new name, and after that, tap on “Join”.
5. Zoom will ask for the meeting Password and a name to be provided. Type it in and tap on “OK” or “Continue”
From here, you’ll see that your name will show as the new name you assigned for yourself.
You can also check out
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply