How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
Who doesn’t know the videoconferencing app, Zoom? Especially when the pandemic happened and business meetings and even other events had to take place. Zoom experienced a surge in users and more and more people are joining. The excitement to join this amazing platform could be so high that you hurriedly inputted just any name that looked trendy, and now you want to have it changed. Zoom has options to change your name even during a meeting (interesting right?). Read this guide to get to know how to do this.
Change Your Name During Zoom Meeting on Zoom Desktop App
Here’s how to change your name when a meeting is ongoing on Zoom’s desktop app:
1. Log into the meeting screen and at the bottom of the app window, click on the “Participants” tab.
2. The Participants window will come up at the right-hand side of the Zoom screen. In the Participants window, let your mouse hover above your name, then click “More”.
3. Clicking the “More” button will open up more options. From the options, click “Rename”.
4. Input your name in the text field and click “OK”.
When all is done, you will see your new name appear inside the Participants window which will also be visible to other participants.
Change Your Name During Zoom Meeting on Zoom Mobile App
It is also possible to change your name when a meeting is ongoing on Zoom mobile app. The process is identical to that of the desktop app except for differences in in screen sizes.
1. Join the meeting and your screen should be like the one below
2. Look below the screen and tap the Participants icon. Doing this opens up the Participant’s interface.
3. Locate your name on the Participant’s list and tap on it. You’ll see a pop-up appear and you have an option to change it. Tap Rename.
4. A screen will appear for you to enter your new screen name. Type in your new screen name, and Tap OK to effect the change.
Change Your Name During Zoom Meeting on Zoom Web
You can change your name even if you are in a Zoom meeting and you can even do it on the web platform. Here below, you’ll find the steps to do this:
1. Sign into Zoom on a web browser and get to the meeting screen.
2. Within the meeting screen, look below the screen and locate the Participants tab. Click this Participants tab which will open up other zoom meeting controls.
3. The right-hand side of the screen will hold a list of the participants.
4. Hover your mouse pointer over your name and let the options appear from where you should click “Rename”.
5. After clicking “Rename”, you’ll be prompted to provide your new name in a dialog box. After you’ve entered your new name, click on the Save button which is at the bottom of your new meeting name.
This will cause your new name to saved for meeting for other participants to see.
You can also check out
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.