How to Transfer Photos from Android to your Computer
We take photos with our smartphones. Not that we cannot use a digital camera, but our smartphone offer a more convenient means of taking photos without having to carry a lot of camera gears. What’s more, the smartphone of today are great enough to take high-quality photos.
The thing with photos is that we can be so obsessed with taking photos that we take a lot of them. This can make our phone run into space issues. However, with our computers which offers more storage space, we can move these photos there. In this post, we are going to examine the ways you can transfer photos from your Android device to your computer.
Transfer from Android to Computer via USB Cable
This is a method that requires a cable. Your phone will be connected to your computer through a USB cable.
Transfer Photos to a Windows Computer
The steps below will guide you on how to transfer Photos from your Android phone to a Windows PC.
1. Using the USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. You phone will recognise that it is plugged in to a computer and you will be alerted in a notification.
2. Tap the notification to bring up the USB menu. In the USB menu, select Transfer Photos or File Transfer (depending on the phone make)
3. On your computer, you will be able to see your phone’s storage and SD card storage. Locate the photos you want transferred.
4. You can transfer the photos to your computer through various means. You can drag it to a preferred folder on your computer. Or you can right-click on a photo, click Copy, and then paste it in any folder on your computer.
Transfer Photos to a Mac Computer
You can also transfer photos from your Android device to a Mac computer. Follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac. When you’re done, launch the app.
2. Next, connect your phone to your Mac computer using a USB cable. A notification will show regarding the connection, tap it and select File Transfer.
3. Locate the photos you want to transfer and select them. Next drag them into Android File Transfer.
Transfer from Android to Computer via Google Photos
Google Photos offers an easy way to get photos from your Android device to your computer. The reason is because Google Photos backs up your photos automatically. Once a photo is shot, they will be sent to Google Photos storage immediately. The feature is known as Back Up & Sync and must be turned on for backup to occur. Here’s how to turn it on:
1. Launch the Google Photos app on your Android device and tap your profile picture. You’ll see your your profile picture at the top by the right.
2. Navigate Photos Settings > Back up & Sync. Enable the Back Up & Sync option.
After all the photos have uploaded, move over to your computer to get them downloaded.
1. Launch your browser on your computer and navigate to your email. Check the upper-right corner of the screen for the dial icon and click it.
2. Locate Google Photos and click it.
3. Donwload the photos either by opening the photos and then by pressing Shift + D, or click ing on the three dots at the top right and then click Download.
Transfer from Android to Computer via Google Drive
1. First install Google Drive on your Android and then launch the app.
2. Tap the “+” icon located at the bottom-right of your screen to add a file. Tap the Upload option.
3. Next, select Photos and Videos. This will cause you Gallery to open from where you can choose the photos you want uploaded.
4. The photos will now start uploading. Make sure you don’t put off your screen or exit the app while the upload process is going on.
After the photos have been sent to the cloud, it’s time to use your PC to access the photos. Here’s how to do that:
1. Launch your preferred browser on your computer and open the Google Drive website .
2. Navigate to the folder containing the photos you just uploaded.
3. Right-click on an album and then select Download if you want to download an entire album or do same for individual photos.
4. Instead of downloading photos one-by-one, you may use your mouse to drag across multiple photos and download all of them at once.
Whether you want to be able to store more photos or you need a storage to act as a back up for your photos, transferring photos to your computer will enable you achieve these, and we’ve outlined methods and steps you can use to do this. We hope you found this helpful. If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Transfer Photos from Android to your Computer.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.