How to Send Disappearing Messages by Default on Signal
We are in a time when data is stolen and identity theft is occurring. Even with the advancement in technology, these things have not ceased to occur. Across every tech industry, there’s the need to stay secured and shield yourself as much as possible from security problems.
Signal is one of the most secured app when it comes to messaging. The app boasts of a powerful security encryption that gives it an edge over other messaging apps. On top of that are other security features that add to its value. In this guide we explore one of its privacy features – Disappearing Messages Timer.
Send Disappearing Messages by Default on Signal
Before now, the only way you could set disappearing messages on Signal was to set a disappearing time interval for each chat. However, Signal has updated the feature letting you set disappearing message timer across all chats.
Set Disappearing Messages by Default on Signal for Android & iOS
1. Launch Signal.
2. Look up the top right corner of the screen and locate the vertical three dots menu. Tap it and you’ll see Settings in the resulting menu.
3. Next, click Privacy which will take you to the Privacy page.
4. When you get to the Privacy page, get to the Disappearing Messages section and locate the option with label Default Timer for New Chats.
5. Now, you can go ahead to specify the duration messages should
4. Now, you can set the time intervals for message to be seen before they disappear. You’ll have options like 30 seconds, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 1 day, 1 week, and 4 weeks or you can set a custom time.
5. When you’re done with setting the duration. Hit Save.
Set Disappearing Messages for Desktop
It is also possible to set the default timer for disappearing messages on the desktop app of Signal. Here’s how:
1. Open the Signal app and click File > Preferences.
2. Move down the screen and locate the Default Timer for New Chats option. You’ll see it under Disappearing Messages.
3. Now, click the “Off” drop-down lost so you can set a timer for disappearing messages.
4. The desktop app also has some set of default time options which you can choose from like you can do on mobile.
5. You can also use the custom time option if you want a time duration that is not part of the default duration.
With the disappearing messages feature in place, you can be sure that those messages you don’t want to last more than the time you set would disappear even if you’ve forgotten about ithem. This will give you peace of mind knowing you can set it as default makes it even convenient. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Send Disappearing Messages by Default on Signal.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.