How to Save Statuses on WhatsApp
WhatsApp before now was just built for chatting. However, the app developers extended its features to include Status. Status is a feature that allows you to share photos and videos to all your contacts. This make the social messaging app to offer a more social experience.
Have you ever wondered where all your statues are saved in? You might have noticed that you never find them in your gallery. They are actually stored in your phone’s internal storage, but in a folder hidden from your view. So, how do you access them?
How to Access WhatsApp Status Folder
Like we said earlier, the WhatsApp Status folder is always hidden from public view. But with a little workaround, you can access it. You can do this on any file manager, but for the purpose of this guide, we’ll be using Files by Google app .
First, you’ll have to enable Files app to show hidden files. Hidden files name usually have a full stop in front of them, but you won’t see them unless you enable the feature. Here’s how to enable hidden files to be shown.
1. Launch Files app. Tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top-left corner.
2. When the menu for opens, select Settings.
3. You’ll see a lot of settings option. Scroll down the page till you get to the Browse section.
3. Locate the Show Hidden Files option. Now tap the toggle next to it.
Once you do that, you’ll be able to see the hidden files.
Access Status Folder
Follow the steps below to get to the Status folder:
1. Open Files. On the homepage of the app, scroll down until you get to the storage section.
2. Next, select Internal Storage. This storage location is where your WhatsApp folder is usually in.
3. When your Internal Storage opens, locate the WhatsApp folder and tap it.
4. Next, select Media. When that opens, you will see the “.Statuses” folder which contains all your statuses.
How to Make Status Show in your Gallery
Now that you have been able to access your status folder, you can easily transfer the photos and videos present there to another folder and they will appear in your gallery. It involves the basic copy and paste operation. Here’s how:
1. Navigate to the status folder through the steps in the previous section.
2. When you’re in the status folder, locate the photos or videos you want to copy. Next, tap and hold one of the photos and it will be highlighted and selected. Other photos or videos will also be due for selection.
If you want to transfer more than one photo, simply select them.
If you want to transfer all the photos and videos, tap the three dots icon and select Select All. This will cause all the photos and videos in the folder to be selected.
3. When you’re done selecting the photos, tap the three dots icon and select Copy to.
4. A menu will come up which will prompt you to select where to copy. You can choose either your internal storage or SDCard.
5. When you have done that, a page will open that has the other folders in the storage you chose. You can also create a new folder for the photos and videos here.
6. Select your preferred folder and hit the Copy Here button at the bottom
And when you check gallery, you’ll see the photo there.
Easier Way to Save Status
The steps above can be time consuming for every status you have to save. Luckily there are apps that can allow you save statuses without stress. One great one is Status Downloader.
1. Launch Status Downloader.
2. Once you open the app, the home screen will have some of your status already displayed
3. You can then tap See All to see all your statuses.
4. To save a status. Tap the status. It will open up.
5. Next, hit the Download button at the bottom and the photo or videos will be saved to gallery.
Maybe you saw your friends photo and you want to use it to celebrate her on her birthday, or you saw a funny video you’ll love to save from status, knowing how to save statuses will save you the stress of getting the photo. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Save Statuses on WhatsApp.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply