How to Duplicate a Sheet in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Office represents a suite of software that helps in productivity. Among the popular ones there are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint. They help in word processing, spreadsheet processing and presentation respectively.
Microsoft Excel is a flagship software for all things spreadsheet and has powerful features for manipulating data. If you want to duplicate spreadsheet from one workbook to another, we have steps to achieve that here.
Duplicate a Sheet in Excel on PC
You can use the dragging and dropping method to quickly and easily duplicate a sheet in Excel. Do this through the following steps:
1. Look over the bottom for the sheet tab. Next select the sheet you want to copy.
2. Press and hold the Control Key and then with your mouse drag and drop the tab.
If there are multiple sheets on your worksheet and you want copy of a sheet at a particular location, follow the steps below:
1. Using your mouse, right-click on the Sheet tab you would like to copy and from the menu, select Move or Copy.
2. Specify to workbook you want the sheet copied to and then select Create a Copy.
3. Hit OK.
Duplicate a Sheet in Excel on Mac
You can also use the drag and drop method to duplicate sheets on Mac like you can do on PC.
1. On your keyboard, press and hold the Option key. Click the sheet tab and move it to where you’d like it to be.
2. When you get to the point where the sheet tab is to be, release the Option Key.
If what you want to do is to copy a sheet to a different workbook, go through the steps below:
1. Launch the workbook which would contain the duplicate. Go to the sheet you want to duplicate and right-click on the tab.
2. Select Move or Copy and go to the location where you want it to be. Ensure you select Create a Copy.
3. Hit OK
Duplicate an Excel Sheet Multiple Times
Excel allows you to drag and drop sheets to quickly duplicate them multiple times. Here’s how to do that:
1. Press and hold Shift on your keyboard and select both the copied sheet tabs and that of the original. Note that the two tabs must be close to each other.
2. Release Shift and next hold Ctrl. Next, drag and drop the two tabs, then release Ctrl.
Repeat these steps for as many sheets as you want to duplicate.
Duplicate an Excel Sheet with a Shortcut
If you have to create a large number of sheet and do it quickly and easily with a click, you can assign a keyboard shortcut.
1. Navigate to View > Macros.
2. In the drop-down menu from Macros, select Record Macro. Next, specify the shortcut key you want to use. Hit OK.
3. Navigate to the sheet tab you want duplicated. Right click on it and select Move or Copy.
4. Navigate to the workbook you want it pasted. Select Create a Copy.
5. Click Macros again and select Stop Recording.
6. You can then click on the sheet tab and use the keyboard shortcut you created to duplicate the sheet.
It is interesting to know that there are many methods for duplicating sheets on Microsoft Excel. Some are simpler than the other and some are quicker than others. Any of the methods above should be able to cater for your needs. We hope you found this helpful. If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Duplicate a Sheet in Microsoft Excel.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply