How to Disable Auto-brightness in Windows 10
Windows is a powerful operating system that is powering most computers on planet Earth. The OS from Microsoft is a popular one that is quite affordable, hence the popularity. Not only does it have good price, it is also functional. There’s high probablility that you might have used Windows one time or the other.
Computers that run Windows 10 are often configured by the operating system to detect changes in lighting of the environment. This is necessary so that your computer isn’t using unecessary power to light up the screen when it feels you don’t need it.
These systems built with sensors detect change in the lighting of the environment and changes brightness levels. If you don’t want this you can change it. In this guide, we explore two helpful methods that will enable disable auto-brightness on Windows.
How To Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10
Some Windows laptops and tablets are designed to respond to changes in ambient lighting by adjusting to screen brightness. Here’s how to disable auto-brightness on Windows:
Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10 – Method 1
This method is the easiest way to disable auto brightness on your Windows computer. You’ll do it through your computer settings. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
1. Launch the Start menu.
2. Locate the Control Panel app and click it. You may also search for Control Panel for faster access.
3. In the Control Panel page, locate the Hardware and Sound option and select it.
4. A menu will open, from there select Power Options. When the Power Option opens up, locate Change Plan Settings and click it. Then select Change Advanced Plan Settings.
5. Scroll down the list and locate Display.
6. Click the Plus icon which will open a drop-down menu. From the drop-down menu select settings for Enable Adaptive Brightness and change the value of the time to zero.
The auto-brightness feature will then be disabled.
Disable Auto-Brightness in Windows 10 – Method 2
You may not be able to disable auto-brightness through that method on your kind of laptop. There’s another alternative: you can create a new Power Plan that helps you have a constant display brightness. Here’s how:
1. Click the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
2. Select Hardware and Sound.
3. Next, navigate to Power Options like you did in the above method.
4. When the window opens, select Create a Power Plan. You’ll see this option on the left pane.
5. You’ll see some options like Balanced, Power Saver, High Performance. Select the one that suits you.
6. You can give your new plan a name and then select Next.
7. On the next screen, you can set the settings to suit your preference. When you’re done, hit Create.
Auto-brightness can be a useful feature but if you’re not cool with it, then it’s time to disable it. Luckily, Windows 10 provides the option to disable it. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Disable Auto-brightness in Windows 10.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.