How to Change your Profile Photo on Instagram
Before social media, people communicated and related with each other, but not without challenges. With social media being relevant in his generation, that experience had been enhanced. This is to say technology has really had a huge role in social relationships of people.
Instagram is one of those social media platform that is hugely popular especially among young people. The photo & video-centric platform is also a great tool for advertising, and businesses run ads a lot on Instagram.
That said, you as a personal user or even a business may want to change profile photo. Whether the one you have there is too old or you just want a new look, this guide provides the steps you need to change your profile photo.
How to Change Profile Photo on Instagram for Mobile
1. Open the Instagram app on your Android device or iPhone.
2. Look over the bottom menu and select the profile icon (the last icon on the bottom bar).
3. Doing the above will take you to your profile screen. You’ll see the Edit Profile option below your profile details. Click Edit Profile.
4. When the Edit Profile page opens, locate the Change Profile Photo option below your current profile picture and select it.
5. Once you tap Change Profile Photo, Instagram will lead you to a menu from where you can select options to change profile photo.
You can select New Profile Photo or Import from Facebook from that menu. Selecting New Profile Photo will allow you to choose a photo from your phone. If you want a photo from Facebook, choose the latter. However, if you just want to clear your profile photo, tap the Remove Profile Photo option.
6. In this example, we’ll select Change Profile Photo. When you do this, your phone’s gallery will be opened.
7. Select a photo from your gallery and once you do that, you’ll be presented with editing options. If you like you can use this editing options.
8. When you’re done with that step, tap the right-arrow icon at the top of the screen.
Once you do that, the profile photo will be saved and Instagram will show you your profile updated with your new photo.
How to Change Profile Photo on Instagram for Desktop
As Instagram can only be accessed on a desktop through the website version, we thought it’ll be great to add it here. If you’re a Windows, Mac, or Linux user, then you can change your Instagram profile photo from the website.
1. Open your preferred web browser and go to the Instagram site.
2. Navigate to the top right corner of the site and select your profile icon.
3. A menu will open you click your profile icon. From that menu, select Settings.
4. You’ll see the Edit Profile option on the Settings page.
5. Under your username is the Change Profile Photo option. Simply select it.
6. You’ll see a prompt open up that will allow you to upload a photo. Select Upload Photo.
7. Instagram will then open your computer file explorer for you to choose a photo. Go to the folder containing the photo and select it.
Once you select that, Instagram will save the new photo and it will be added to your profile.
You’ll deal with photos a lot on Instagram, afterall Instagram is a photo-sharing app. So it makes sense to have your profile photo updated and changed once in a while. Changing your profile photo isn’t difficult and this guide proved it. We hope you found it helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How to Check NIN
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change your Profile Photo on Instagram.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.