How to Change your Number on WhatsApp
WhatsApp needs no introduction. It is one of the most popular social messaging platform on the planet. You can chat with friends and loved ones and it also a place to do business.
You may get into a situation where you change your number and this means some other changes have to be made too. In a time when we use our phone number to online create accounts, this change has to be made to allow sign-in process possible.
Luckily, WhatsApp which is heavily dependent on your phone number allows you to change your number easily. You can do it in the settings and when you do, you’ll have all details associated with the old phone number transferred to the new number.
How to Change your Phone Number on WhatsApp
Here’s how to change your number on WhatsApp.
1. Open your WhatsApp app. The Change Number feature is in Settings, so you’ll need to navigate there. Tap the three dots icon and select Settings if you’re on Android. iPhone users will see the settings tab on the home screen.
2. Next, select Account.
3. From Account, select Change Phone Number. After that, tap Next.
4. In the next screen, you’re required to enter the old phone number in the first field and then input that of the new one in the second field. Select Next.
5. You can then select the option that instructs WhatsApp to inform your WhatsApp contacts that you’ve changed your phone number. You can even select specific contacts you want WhatsApp to inform.
6. Hit the checkmark when everything is done and tap Done.
What you have to do next is to verify the new number. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
1. Launch WhatsApp.
2. Read the Terms and Conditions and tap Agree and Continue.
3. Enter your country code and the new number you just changed to.
4. Hit OK. Doing all these will cause WhatsApp to send you a 6-digit verification code to the new number.
5. Copy-paste the verification code to its field in WhatsApp
How to Transfer WhatsApp Account from one Phone to Another
You must have known that WhatsApp only works on one phone at a time. You can’t have one account on more than one phones. That said, you may want to change to another phone and want that phone to have all the WhatsApp information that was on the old phone. You need to do two things: backup your WhatsApp chat history on your former phone and then restore it on your new phone. Let’s dive right in
Backup WhatsApp Chat History on Old Phone
You’ll need to have an Google Drive account or iCloud account to store the backup. To backup on Android, do the following:
1. Launch WhatsApp on your old phone. We need to get to the option that allows us to backup and it is located in Settings. Select the three dots icon and choose Settings.
2. Go to Chats and then Chat Backup.
3. Next, select Back up to Google Drive.m
4. You’ll need to select a Backup Frequency.
5. Next, choose a Google account to back up your chat history.
6. Finally hit Back up.
You can also do this on iPhone. Follow the steps below:
1. Launch WhatsApp navigate to Settings.
2. Next, navigate to Chats > Chat Backup.
3. Hit Back Up Now and the chats will be backed up to your iCloud account.
Restore Chat on New Phone
1. Launch WhatsApp
2. Follow the steps to open the account on the new phone and verify your phone number.
3. You’ll get to a point where WhatsApp request that you give access to your contact. Tap Allow.
4. WhatsApp will also ask for permission to access your photos, media and files. Tap Allow.
5. Now, tap Restore.
6. Select the Google account/iCloud account to create your backup.
When you do this, the restore process will start.
You don’t want to lose your chat or other vital information from your WhatsApp account, that’s why you want to backup and restore your chat history. We hope you found this post helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change your Number on WhatsApp.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply