How to Change Icon Look in Windows 10
Windows has gone many iterations over the years and we now have Windows 10 which has been of service many PC for some time now. Windows 10 boasts of many features including customisation. You can add themes, change the desktop background and other things. However not many people know how to tweak their icons to look the way they want. In this post, we instruct you on how to change your icons look on Windows 10.
Change the Default Folder Icon in Windows 10
Here’s how to change the default folder icon in Windows 10.
1. Locate the folder whose icon you are interested in changing. Right-click on it.
2. From the menu that appears, select Properties.
3. Click the Customize section
4. Navigate to the Folder Icons section and select Change Icon.
5. You’ll see many icons that you can pick. Select anyone or click Browse to choose a custom icon.
6. Go back to the previous page and click OK. This will effect the changes.
Change Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10
One of the best ways to change the default icons of your desktop screen is to use an icon pack. You’ll download them as .zip archives and you will need to extract them. Do the following after that:
1. Right-click on the icon you wish to change and select Properties.
2. In the resulting page, hit Change Icon.
3. Select Browse and pick the folder that has the downloaded icons.
4. Select an icon and click OK.
This will cause the icon to be changed.
Change Default Icon View in Windows 10
You can also adjust the icon view in Windows 10. Do this by the following steps:
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Select a folder Source for your view settings
3. Navigate to the View section up the screen and adjust settings. You can adjust parameters like folder details display, column width, layout, number of layouts etc.
4. Once you’re done with that modification, select Options.
5. Get to the View tab
6. Hit Apply to Folders.
7. Select Yes when you see a pop-up window.
8. Click OK in the section for Folder Options to apply your settings.
Change Default Icon Size in Windows 10
You may prefer the default icons size of your PC to be larger or smaller. Here’s how to change the default icon size.
1. Launch the Start button and navigate to File Explorer.
2. Navigate to any folder on the C drive.
3. In the folder, right-click on a free space on the screen and select View from the resulting menu.
4. Choose from the icon size options: Extra-large, large, medium, and small icons.
To make this settings your default view for every folder in your computer, do this:
1. Click the File section in File Explorer.
2. Select Change Folder and Search Options.
3. Navigate to the View section and locate Folder Views.
4. Hit Apply to Folders.
5. Click Apply and then OK.
Your icons now looking the way you want makes you feel at home on your PC. Now things appeal more to you and you can always adjust the settings to your preference at any time. We hope you found this post helpful. If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change Icon Look in Windows 10.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.