How to Block Groups on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a major tool for communication these days. The social messaging app has proved to be useful in communication not just locally but across the globe. You can reach anyone from anywhere within seconds.
One of the features of WhatsApp is the group feature. With Groups, you can host conversations among families, friends and communities. Blocking a group in WhatsApp is not possible but there are workarounds you can try that enables you restrict group activities. In this post we discuss this.
Block Group on WhatsApp for Android
WhatsApp tries to protect your privacy but it doesn’t give an option to block groups. However, there are a couple of workarounds you can to ensure your privacy with groups.
If you don’t want to leave a group but you are always constantly disturbed by notifications from the group, you can mute it. Here’s how:
1. Launch WhatsApp and go to the group you are interested in muting.
2. In the chat window, tap the name of the group. This will lead you to the group menu.
3. Tap Mute Notifications. You’ll see an option there to specify the length of time you want that group muted.
4. Next, tap OK
Only you will know you muted your notifications, the members of the group will not be aware of this.
There’s also another more extreme way to stop receiving messages from a WhatsApp group. You can exit the group. When you do such, you won’t receive future messages from that group. Here’s how to exit a group:
1. Go to the group you want to leave.
2. In the group chat screen, tap the group name.
2. Finally, Hit Exit Group.
The app will ask you to confirm if you want to Exit the group or just mute. Simply hit Exit.
If you’ve keep exiting a group and you are still constantly re-added by a member of the group, you can block such person before leaving the group again. Here’s how:
1. Launch WhatsApp and open the group.
2. Next, tap the group name.
3. Go to the participants list and tap the group admin that keeps adding you.6. Now, move down the screen and hit Block. Confirm your action.
If you want to set your privacy settings as regards people adding you to groups, you can do so in Settings. Here’s how:
1. Launch WhatsApp.
2. Go to Settings and navigate to Account.
3. Next tap Privacy. And from the Privacy screen, select Groups
4. Set your preferred Groups privacy option.
5. Hit Done.
Block Group on WhatsApp for iOS
Like we said above, WhatsApp doesn’t allow you to block a group directly. However, there are some workarounds that you can perform to limit being added to a group on your iPhone.
First, you can mute a group. By doing this, you won’t be alerted when a message is sent to the group, but you will remain a member. Here’s how to do that:
1. Launch WhatsApp and open the group you wish to mute.
2. Next, tap Mute and specify how long you want the group muted.
3. Tap OK.
If you wish to exit a group. You can do so easily. Here’s how:
1. Open the group and tap the group name.
2. Next, tap Exit group. You will be asked whether you want to exit or just mute.
3. Select Exit.
If after leaving a group, you are still constantly re-added, you can block the group admin and he or she won’t be able to add you again. Here’s how to do that:
1. Open the group and tap the group’s name.
2. Next, go down to the participants list.
3. Locate the group admin and tap Info.
4. Next, hit Block.
You can also specify who can add you to groups on WhatsApp. Here’s how:
1. Launch WhatsApp and go to Settings.
2 Navigate Account > Privacy > Groups
3. Select an option between “Everyone,” “My Contacts,” or “My Contacts Except.”
Even on a platform like WhatsApp, it is better to protect your privacy rather than just been added to groups anyhow. We hope you found this helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Block Groups on WhatsApp.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply