How to Adjust Mouse Settings on Apple MacBook
The MacBook is a powerful device capable of performing computing operations, thanks to it’s state-of-the-art CPU and software features. Not only is it powerful, it looks and feels great too. The Apple Machine is expensive, but delivers its job well.
Using the MacBook will surely involve you using its mouse. And the mouse is designed to move the cursor or to click. What of it you like your mouse movement slower or perhaps faster? Worry not! This guide will show you steps on how to achieve that.
Adjusting Mouse Settings on Mac
Changing the mouse speed, scroll direction and other settings is as easy as breeze on Mac. To change the Mouse Settings of your Mac, do the following:
1. From the top-left corner of the screen, click the Apple icon and select System Preferences.
2. Click Mouse when the new window opens up. And then click Point & Click.
3. Select the checkbox that reads Scrolling Direction: natural. This settings will allow your mouse cursor move in the direction of your fingers.
3. For the second box that says Secondary Click, you will be able to use right-clicking when you enable it. You can also dictate which of the mouse button you want to use as primary. Use the small arrow below secondary click to do this.
4. You can adjust the Tracking Slider to increase or decrease the speed of the mouse pointer. Adjust it till you find your most comfortable speed.
How to Change the Double-Clicking Speed
Fast double-clicking movements could cause you to make mistakes while clicking. So it may be best to reduce the double-clicking speed of your Mac’s mouse. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to System Preferences after clicking the Apple icon. Select Accessibility.
2. From Accessibility, select Mouse & Trackpad. Here you’ll see the Double-Click Speed Slider.
3. Adjust the slider to increase or decrease the speed of the Double-Click.
4. If you like files to open when you hover your mouse cursor on them, select the checkbox that reads “Spring-loading delay” Slider and then move the slider to set the hovering time.
Changing the Scrolling Speed
Mac also allows you to change the scrolling speed of your mouse. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Accessibility settings from System Preferences. Open Pointer Control and then Mouse Options.
2. Move the Scrolling Speed Slider left or right to control the scrolling speed settings.
3. Click OK when you’re done.
How to Change Magic Mouse Gestures
With Apple Magic Mouse you can do tasks with set of gestures on the Mac. Follow the steps to adjust Magic Mouse settings.
1. Click the Apple icon to access System Preferences. Select Mouse.
2. Click More Gestures for more options.
3. If you want to do swiping between pages using your mouse, select the checkbox that reads “Swipe Between Pages. You can do the swiping right or left with your fingers or also scroll.
4. To scroll between full screen apps, select the checkbox that says “Swipe between Full-Screen apps.”
5. You can select the Mission Control box to launch Mission Control when you tap your mouse lightly.
It makes sense to want to adjust mouse settings especially when we have our personal preferences and want to feel comfortable working on our machines. We hope this post has helped you. If so, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Adjust Mouse Settings on Apple MacBook.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.