How to Access and Delete Spam Emails on Gmail
If you’ve subscribed for a number of email list from websites, there’s possibility that you receive mails from them everyday. Some promote their products, others talk about interesting things you are interested about. You will receive this mails in your inbox.
On the other hand, there’s a category known as Spam which Gmail puts in a folder because of the potential harm it can cause you. These Spam emails can result to security breaches or scams. But sometimes even your important emails go in there and you are tasked to check them out once in a while.
In this article, we give instructions on how to navigate your email box to access the Spam folder and also delete Spam mails.
How to Access Your Spam Folder in Gmail
Gmail hides the Spam folder by default. Here’s how to locate it:
1. Open Gmail on your preferred web browser.
2. At the left sidebar, scroll down and select the More option.
3. Select the Spam folder.
You can also locate the Spam folder on Android or iOS. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Gmail app.
2. Tap the menu icon located at the upper left corner.
3. Move down the page until you find the Spam folder. Select the folder.
How to Position the Gmail Spam Folder to be Visible
Because the Spam folder is hidden on Gmail, it is not easy to access, but you can make it visible so you can access it at all times. Here’s how to do that:
1. Launch Gmail on your browser or on the mobile app.
2. Open the settings page by clicking the gear icon at the top.
3. Click Settings from the resulting menu.
4. Select Labels, and navigate down till you see Spam. Select Spam.
5. Pick any of the three options: “show”, “hide”, or “show if unread”.
How to Delete Spam Emails in Gmail
Spam emails can so fill out mailbox and they are always deleted automatically every 30 days. Depending on your you, you can decide to delete the Spam mail more often or just delete specific mails. Here’s how to do that:
Delete All Spam Emails
1. Open the Spam folder.
2. Check the top of the email list and click Delete All Spam Messages Now to clear out the whole folder.
3. Hit OK to confirm your action.
Delete Specific Spam Emails
If you only want to delete some certain emails, simply check the boxes next to the emails and then hit the Delete option. You’ll see the Delete option at the top of the email list.
To delete individual mails on has a different on the Gmail app.
1. Navigate to the Spam folder.
2. Tap and hold the message you want to delete for some seconds to select it.
3. To delete more, continue selecting more messages just as described above.
4. Select the trash bin icon at the top.
Even if you have those fraudulent emails always littering the Spam folders, there are chances that you will still comb the place looking for important mails, so you want to be able to access it. We hope you found this article helpful? If you did, why not leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Access and Delete Spam Emails on Gmail.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.