How to Block and Unblock Users on Google Drive
Google Drive is a solid cloud storage championing the cloud storage space. The platform helps hosts files in a secure and safe way so that you can retrieve them when you need them. It is suitable for personal or business use and you’ll find it convenient to use since it belongs to the larger Google ecosystem.
Sharing files is one of the great benefit of using Google Drive. And with this feature, you can get files and folders to others with just few clicks. However, some users abuse the feature and may spam your drive with unwanted files. So what do you do? Yes! You can block them. In this guide we’ll show you how to do that.
How to Block or Unblock People on Google Drive
Block Someone on Google Drive Website
The Google Drive website has the option to block anyone that you wish to block. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google Drive website https://drive.google.com/ .
2. Next, locate the file or folder that was shared with you. You’ll see these kinds of files in the “Shared with me” section at the left sidebar.
3. Right-click on the file and when the drop-down menu appears, hit “Block <email address>”.
4. Confirm your action in the pop-up window.
What all these does is that it prevents that user from interacting with you on Google Drive.
Block User on Google Drive for Mobile
Google Drive also has the Block function in its mobile version. So, you can block users in the Google Drive Android or iOS app.
1. Launch the Google Drive app on your device.
2. Next, tap the three vertical dots icon attached to a folder or file. Doing this will bring up options for the file.
3. When the pop-up appears on the page, tap “Block <email address>”. Confirm your action by tapping Block.
Unblock Users on Google Drive Website
You can also unblock someone you mistakenly blocked on the Google Drive website. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Google Drive website https://drive.google.com/
2. Click your profile picture located at the top of the page and select “Google Account”
3. Go to People & Sharing tab which you’ll see on the left side of the page. Locate “Blocked” under the Contacts section.
4. The page will open all the users you blocked. Click the X button beside the user’s name. Doing this will unblock such person.
Unblock Users on Google Drive for Mobile
To do this follow the steps below:
1. Tap your profile photo in the app and select Google Account.
2. Navigate to the People & Sharing tab and select the Blocked option. You’ll see this option under Contacts.
3. Now, tap the X button beside the contact which would unblock the user.
Google Drive makes sharing files and folders easy. It’s as easy as few click and you’ll be able to share that file or folder to your recipient. But you don’t want others sending you files that are unsolicited. And if this happens, you can block them. We’ve shared how to do that here. We hope you found this helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Block and Unblock Users on Google Drive.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.