How to Create a ZIP File
Files that we have on our devices can be extremely large. There are small files but the big ones are the one that give us headaches. Trying to transfer them or having them on our devices can pose problems. Sending large files can take a lot of time and saving those large files without compressing them can eat up our storage. This is where ZIP files come into play. ZIP files allows you to compress files and reduce their size. In this post, we guide you on how to compress files into ZIP.
Compress Files on Windows
ZIP files have been on Windows since the days of Windows XP. Windows allows you to create ZIP files with its built-in tool.
1. First, select the files you want to zip.
2. Right-click on an empty space and select “Send To”.
3. This will cause a list to be shown, select “Compressed (Zipped) Folder”.
This will create a new ZIP file.
You can also create a ZIP file directly without selecting files. Here’s how:
1. Right-click on the window and select “New”.
2. Next, select “Compressed (Zipped) Folder” and then you can drag and drop files into the ZIP you just created.
Compress Files on Mac
You can easily create ZIP files on Mac easily. With few steps, you can compress any folder and have more space on your storage drive.
Here’s how to it on your Mac:
1. Create a new folder.
2. Put files into the folder.
3. Next, right-click on the folder and select “Compress (folder’s name)”
4. The compression process will now begin.
Also, it is possible to make multiple files into ZIP without creating a new folder.
By zipping a folder on your Mac, it will be easy to send the compressed folder to anyone instead of sending files one-by-one.
Compress Files on Android
You can’t directly create ZIP files on Android like you would on computers. Android doesn’t have a native ZIP compression tool, so you’ll have to download a third-party app from Google Play Store. We’ll be using WinZip here.
Here’s how to compress files on Android.
1. First, go to Google Play Store, and find WinZip. Download and install the app.
2. Next, locate the files your want to zip.
3. Select these files and then tap the “ZIP” button down the screen.
4. Select where you want to save the ZIP file and tap “Zip Here”
Wait for the process to complete.
Compress Files on iOS
Unlike Android which does not have a built-in compression tool, iOS does have, so you don’t need to download any third-party app. Files app on the iOS is a tool that will allow you to compress files.
1. Launch the Files app and select the location where you want your ZIP file to be saved.
2. Tap the menu button and then tap “Select”. Now, select the files you wish to zip.
3. Select the menu button again, but now select “Compress.”
The compression process will now start. iOS provides a fast and easy way to compress files. If you wish to compress in formats other than ZIP, you’ll have to download a third-party app.
You’ll want to be able to send files and folders over emails without the problem of file being too large coming up. You’ll also want to be organised with your files. This are what ZIP files help you achieve. We hope you found this helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How to Enable Dark Mode on Telegram
How to Download Music from Spotify
Best Keyboard Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Create a ZIP File.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.