How to Change the Theme and Color of Instagram DMs
Humans are visual people and we love our sights stimulated by beautiful things. This idea is also adopted by app designers to give their users a beautiful and customisable look on their apps and that’s why we have themes. The Facebook Messenger allows you to customise your chat screen but something new has come for Instagram users too.
A new update comes to Instagram app that allows you to message your Facebook friends from within the Instagram app. Facebook Messenger has now been blended with Instagram DM. Another thing that can happen with Instagram now is that you can change the theme color both on Android and iOS.
How to Get the New Update on Instagram
You can only use the new feature on Instagram if you have the latest version of the app. You can customise your Instagram DM only on this new update which also allows you to send messages to your Facebook friends.
1. To begin, ensure your Instagram is the latest update. You can download it from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. After downloading, launch the app, and a banner will display the new feature.
2. Navigate to Settings so that you can enable the feature. From your Profile tab, get to Settings.
3. Tap the Profile icon, then the hamburger menu icon. You’ll see this icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Locate and select the Hamburger Menu button
5. From the menu, choose the Settings option.
6. Next, select Update Messaging from the options.
7. Next, select Update button.
This will cause the new messaging feature to be updated. Confirm this by going back to your Instagram’s home screen. You’ll notice that the classic Instagram DM icon has now been changed to a Messenger icon.
Change the Chat Theme or Color in Instagram DMs
After the new feature has been activated, you will now be able to change the Chat color or theme for any Instagram conversation.
Tap the Messenger icon at the top-right corner of the screen. This will cause all your conversations to be opened.
1. Select the conversation you’re interested in changing its theme.
2. Next, tap the ‘i’ icon that you’ll see at the top-right corner.
3. Tap Theme. You’ll now see a number of themes displayed at the top. Select the one you like.
4. Next, you will see the options to change color in the Colors & Gradients section.
By applying themes, you will have control over how the chat background and chat bubbles look. The chat color will affect the chat bubbles.
Select your preferred theme or chat color. Doing this will get the other participants notified and, everyone will get the theme changes.
You can also check out
How to Enable Dark Mode on Telegram
How to Download Music from Spotify
Best Keyboard Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change the Theme and Color of Instagram DMs.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.