How To Extend Your Desktop With Chromecast
Google Chromecast gives you the ability to mirror the screen from your gadgets to your TV. Through this means, you can watch videos that are on your Android, or iPhone on your TV. And you’ll be able to do it even without a smart TV. The idea of mirroring is to watch from small screen to big screen. Not only can you mirror with Chromecast, you can also extend your desktop screen wirelessly. In this post we are going to show you how to do this.
How To Use Chromecast As Second Monitor On Windows
You can extend your desktop to Chromecast by following the below steps:
1. Ensure you have all the cables are connected the right way. Check the monitors too.
2. On your keyboard, press the Windows Key and P at the same time to open up the window that allows you dictate how you want your desktop displayed.
3. If you’ll love to play around with more options, right-click on your Desktop and select Display Settings.
3. The monitors connected to your computer will be shown. If your new monitor is not part of them, click Detect.
4. Navigate to the Multiple Display option, and choose the right option that is displayed when you select it. Next, select Extend Desktop.
5. When done with that, select Keep Changes and move up the screen to adjust the resolution. You’ll see a recommended setting which is the best, but if you still want to adjust it, you can.
6. Click Keep Changes again. And you’re done.
How To Use Chromecast As Second Monitor On Mac
Be sure to have the latest version of Google Chrome on your Mac. This is because the latest Chrome has support for Chromecast. Once that’s okay, you can do the following:
1. Look over your screen and locate the Google Chromecast icon in the upper-right corner.
2. Click it so that you can be able to open Cast to box.
3. A drop down-arrow will be right there. Click it and select Cast Desktop.
4. You will be taken to the Chromecast box again.
5. At this point, you have the option of choosing your Chromecast Device. An error message may be displayed that says it can’t mirror system audio. The next thing that will appear is a pop-up from the Chrome Media Router asking for permission to share the screen. Select Yes.
6. And you’re done.
The only issue with this is that you won’t be able to hear audio from the two devices. You will only hear it from your Mac and that should be fine. The main reason why it is great to have your desktop extended is so that you can have a seamless viewing and with this process, you’ll be able to achieve that.
This steps helps you get another monitor for a double viewing experience.
You can also check out
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How To Extend Your Desktop With Chromecast.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.