How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube
Many apps have adopted the dark mode theme and many users love it. The two giant operating systems – Android and iOS – introduced a system wide dark theme mode which apps can take on. This implies that dark mode with its feel and aesthetics has come to stay.
YouTube, the video streaming platform isn’t alien to the dark theme as it also boasts of it. Imagine watching several hours of videos only to have your eyes inconveniencing you. That’s no more! In this guide we teach you how to get dark mode enabled on YouTube.
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube on PC and Mac
If is very easy to enable dark mode on YouTube on a computer, be it PC or Mac.
1. Launch a web browser on your machine
2. In your address bar, visit www.youtube.com
3. Click your profile icon. In this place, be sure you’re on the profile which you want dark mode enabled. If this is not the case, you’ll have to sign out and sign in with the right account.
4. Next, click your profile photo which you’ll see at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Click ‘Dark Theme’. Here you’ll be able to see the Dark Theme option.
6. Click the toggle for the dark theme to be enabled.
How to Enable Dark Mode for YouTube For iOS
The process for enabling dark mode on YouTube may be different depending on the iOS version you are running. iPhones running iOS 13 or newer can work with the below steps:
1. Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. At the top right corner is where your profile picture; from there, tap your profile picture.
3. Tap Settings from the menu.
4. When the settings menu opens up, tap the Dark Mode toggle to enable it.
For iPhones running an older iOS than iOS 13, try the steps below:
1. Launch YouTube on your iPhone.
2. Tap your Profile Picture.
3. After that, tap Settings.
4. On the next screen, tap Appearance.
5. Find the Dark mode toggle and enable it.
How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube For Android
The process for enabling Dark Mode also slightly differs for different Android devices. This can be seen because of the changes between the various version of the Android OS.
For Android device running version 10 or newer, the following steps will be applicable.
1. Launch YouTube on your Android device.
2. Tap your profile photo located at the top right corner.
3. Next, tap Settings which is within the menu
4. Tap the option named General
5. After that, tap Appearance.
6. Lastly, tap the toggle to enable Dark Mode.
Tap the Use Device Theme to set the global theme settings you set before now on your device.
For Android versions older than Android 10. The followinng steps will help you out.
1. Launch YouTube on your Android
2. Tap your profile photo
3. Select Settings from the options given on the menu.
4. Next, tap General.
5. Then, tap the option to switch the theme from light to dark.
You can also check out
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Enable Dark Mode on YouTube
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply