View Milliseconds in VLC Media Player. Show Milliseconds in Video or Audio Timing in VLC Media Player.
Milliseconds might be required to get a specify or specified part of an audio or video file. It is also used while creating subtitles or editing a video or audio.
In this tutorial, we are going to use a VLC extension known as Time v3 for VLC Version 3.0 or Time V2.1 for VLC up to Version 2.28. The extension was created by MEDERI. Time V3 or Time V2.1 is a VLC extension that displays running time on the screen in a playing video showing different timing formats. This plugin can show the timing in Nine position on the Screen
Time Extension Description
Time is VLC extension that displays running time on the screen in a playing video.
(Extension script "time_ext.lua" + Interface script "looper_intf.lua")
- supported tags: [e], [efps], [d], [r], [t], [o], [n], [_];
- 9 possible positions on the screen;
- elapsed time with milliseconds;
- playback speed rate taken into account for duration time.
To enable and use this plugin, please follow this guide:
1 The Plugin now works on all version of VLC Media Player, including VLC version 3.0.0. The Time V2.1 works for VLC up to version 2.2.8 while the version 3 works with VLC 3.00
3) Extract the time extension downloaded, open the Time v2.1(intf), there are three files Looper_intf.lua, Time v2.0 (intf).png and time_ext.lua while the Time V3 contains two folder, "extension folder" and "intf" folder.
4) Go to the location where you installed the VLC media Player usually
Windows OS Location For VLC Extension
C:/Program Files/VideoLAN for windows
Linux Location for VLC Extension For All Users
/usr/lib(64)/vlc/lua/extensions/time_ext.lua , /usr/lib(64)/vlc/lua/intf//time_ext.lua for Linux based Operating system.
Mac OS Location for VLC Extension For All Users
(create directories if it doesn't exist)
5) Open the VideoLAN folder, Open the VLC folder and then open the Lua folder
6) In the Lua folder, open the extension folder and paste the time_ext.lua file for Time 2.1 and for Time V3, copy time_ext.lua from the extension folder and paste it here.
7) Then go back to the Lua folder, open the intf folder, paste the "looper_intf.lua" for Time V2.1 and for Time V3, copy looper_intf.lua from the intf Folder and paste it here.
8) Open the VLC Media Player, to the View on the Menu bar, Select the Time V2.1 or Time V3 (intf), depending on the version, you have installed.
9) Leave the Settings the way it is and Click on Save , VLC media player will request for a restart, You close and reopen VLC media Player.
10) After restarting VLC media player,Load a Video into the VLC media player, your video should show at the top right hand corner, Video time in hr:mm:sec.millisecond, that is for Hour:Minute:Seconds.Milliseconds
You could also check this tip on How to play YouTube Playlist Using VLC Media Player.
Hope with this, you have been to learn How to show in Milliseconds in Video or Audio Timing with VLC media player
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem encountered. Thanks