Gone are the days we have to slot in a CD or cassette into a player to listen to music. Those days are far gone now as technology has cause many innovation in the music industry.
Now, we have music streaming platform. The likes of Spotify, Apply Music, Deezer have disrupted the way we listen to music, and now we can discover new and old music with this platforms.
Spotify gives you many option in your Library. You can choose to view the songs you recently listened to or liked. If you want to know how to view your recently played songs, and even all songs you played on Spotify, you’re at the right place. Let’s dive right in…
How to View a List of Played Songs on Spotify on a Computer
Spotify actually doesn’t allow you to view your entire listening history on desktop. You only have the option to see your list of recently played songs. However you can still see all your played songs through another means – downloading your Spotify data.
This file has the list of songs you’ve played. You’ll need to request Spotify to send it to you. Here’s how to do that:
1. Open Spotify and sign into your account.
2. Next, navigate to the top-right corner of the screen, and tap the Profile icon.
3. After that, click “Account” in the menu.
4. Next, click “Privacy Settings” by the left.
5. Now, move down to the “Download Your Data” section.
6. At the Step 1 tab, select “Request” button.
7. After that, check the “Captcha” and hit “OK”. Then click “OK” again.
8. Now proceed to your email inbox and open the email sent by Spotify. Click “Confirm” in the email.
9. You will be redirected to Spotify web page. From there, you will a message that you will receive your data in 30 days
Keep an eye on your email Inbox and you will get another email that has your data for download.
How to View a List of Played Songs on Spotify on Android
As an Android user, you can see the list of songs you listened to recently. You can do this from the app.
1. Launch the Spotify app.
2. Next, tap the clock icon beside the “Settings” icon.
You’ll then see a list of your recently played songs there.
However if you want to see more of your listening history, you will need to request your data from Spotify. You will need to do it on a web browser on your Android device. Here’s how:
1. Open your preferred web browser.
2. Next, go to the Spotify website and login. After that, tap the “Settings” icon at the top.
3. Next, select “View Account”.
4. Tap “Account Overview” to open drop-down menu and then select “Privacy Settings”.
5. After that, navigate to “Download your Data” section.
6. At the Step 1 tab, select “Request” and hit “OK”
7. Navigate to your email app, and tap “Confirm” in the email you receive from “Spotify”.
How to View a List of Played Songs on Spotify on iOS
You can also view your list of recently played songs on your iPhone. With these few steps below, you can achieve this. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Spotify app.
2. Tap the “Clock” icon beside the “Settings” icon.
This will open a list of songs played recently.
You can also view the full list of the played songs on your Spotify account on iOS. You’ll to request for your Spotify data and you will need to do this on a web browser like Safari.
1. Open the Safari app.
2. Go to Spotify and login.
3. When you have been able to log in to your account, tap the settings icon at the top. Next, tap “View Account”.
4. Tap “Account Overview” and a drop-down menu will open, select “Privacy Settings”.
5. Next, move down to “Download Your Data” section.
6. In the Step 1 tab, hit “Request” and select “OK”.
7. Go to your email inbox and open the email you received from Spotify. There, select “Confirm”.
You’ll be taken to a page where Spotify will inform you that you’ll receive your data in 30 days.
Sometimes you want to re-listen to that music you stumbled on sometime ago, or you want to add some songs to your playlist. Being able to access the recently played songs list will help you with this and more. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…