Software solutions have changed the way we work. From automation apps, to video conferencing apps, these softwares have made work easier and more efficient. What’s more? You can take advantage of cloud softwares like Google Docs.
Google Docs is part of the Google Suite of apps that help you to create documents. You can work on variety of files on Google Docs, but one common one is DOCX. In this guide, we cover how to open a DOCX file on Google Docs…
Using Google Docs
Google Docs is a cloud software for creating word document. It has host of features that makes formatting easier. Google Docs helps you create cover letters, essays, and other documents. You can easily open DOCX files in Google Docs. You can also open DOCX file from Google Drive. When you open DOCX file with Google Docs, you have the advantage of your files being saved to the cloud forever. Because Google Docs is a cloud software, all files that you save there live on the cloud so far there’s enough space on your storage.
Open DOCX Files on Google Docs on Desktop
To open a DOCX file on Google Docs, follow the steps below:
1. Open Google Docs on a browser on your computer.
2. Sign into your Google account if you’re not signed in.
3. Click on “Blank”.
4. Go to the “File” tab at the top-left of the page.
5. Now, select “Open” from the options present there.
6. Now, click “Upload”.
7. You can then drag a file from your file explorer or select a file.
8. The DOCX file will then be uploaded and it will be saved to the cloud.
You can then edit the file, and if you want to download, you go to the ‘File” tab.
From the “File” tab, select “Download”. Next select “Microsoft Word (.docx)” from the drop down.
Open DOCX file from Google Drive
1. Launch Google Docs.
2. Open a new document.
3. Next, navigate to the “File” tab at the top-right corner and hit “Open”
4. Navigate to the “My Drive” tab on the new window.
5. Find and locate the DOCX file you want opened.
6. After that, hit ‘Open’.
Open DOCX File on Google Docs Mobile App
Google Docs also will let you open DOCX file on its mobile app. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Google Docs app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Next, tap the folder icon at the top right corner of the screen.
3. In the “Open From” options, select “Device Storage”.
4. Select the file you wish to open.
And the file will be opened in Google Docs.
Open from Google Drive
You can also open from your Google Drive easily. Here’s how:
1. Tap on the folder icon at the top-right corner.
2. Next, select “Google Drive”.
3. When your drive opens, select the particular file you want to open.
The file will then be opened in Google Docs.
Google Docs allows you to create and edit varieties of word documents. But what’s very great about the platform is that it saves your documents to the cloud which you can retrieve anytime you need it. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…