These days, communication has become more and more seamless with many digital platforms coming to address the many barriers to communication and interaction. Discord is one of such platforms, offering a place for gamers and other communities to meet and connect. The platform is full of many exciting features and very user-friendly.
In Discord, there are servers and channels and these are places where interactions can take place. If you feel others will benefit from your Channel or Server and want to invite them, you can. In this guide, we explore how to invite someone to Discord.
Inviting Someone on Discord on PC or Mac
Discord is available for PC and Mac and can be accessed through the app or website. You can invite a user on these platform. Check out the steps below to do this:
Creating an Invite to a Server on PC or Mac
You can easily create an invite to a Discord server. You can do it either from the desktop app or web browser. Here’s how:
1. Select the server you wish to invite people to. You’ll see the servers on the left of Discord.
2. After that, click the dropdown arrow beside the Server’s name.
3. Now, click “Invite People”.
4. Next, you can click the Invite button beside your friend’s name, of you can share the link by copying its URL.
When you click Invite beside someone’s name, the person is invited directly but when you copy the link, you can share to people outside of Discord.
Creating an Invite to a Channel on PC & Mac
If you want a person into a channel, you can do so with the following steps:
1. Open Discord. Next, click on the server where the channel is located at.
2. Click the Create Invite icon which you’ll see beside the channel name.
3. Next, click the Invite button beside your friend’s name. Doing this will send them a direct link. You can also click “Copy” to share the link to other platforms.
Inviting Someone on Discord on Mobile
The Android and iOS version of Discord also allow you invite someone into server or channel. In the sections below are steps to achieve this:
Creating an Invite to a Server on Android or iOS
You can create an invite to a server on Android or iOS. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
1. Open Discord app on your Android device or iOS device.
2. Locate the server you want to invite someone to at the left side.
3. When the server opens, check the top of the server for the “Invite Members” button. This will open the Invite People screen.
4. From the new screen, you can look through the people on your Discord list and tap the “Invite” button next to their names to send an invitation to them.
5. You can also copy the link available in the screen by tapping on it. You can share this link to anyone outside Discord.
Creating an Invite to a Channel on Android or iOS
If it’s a channel you want to invite people to, you can do that. Follow the steps below to do this:
1. Open the Server and go to the channel where you want to invite someone to.
2. In the channel screen, locate the avatar icon at the top-right of the screen.
3. When that screen opens, locate the “Invite Members” button and click it.
4. The “Invite Members” screen will open. You can then tap the “Invite” button beside each member’s name to invite them.
5. There’s also a link down below, you can click it copy it and share it with anyone you want to invite to the channel.
How to Edit Invite Specifications
You can also choose to edit invite link parameters to adhere to your standards. Here’s how to this:
First you will need to tap the “Edit Invite Link” button on desktop or the gear icon beside the link on mobile which will open up a screen that allows you to edit settings for the link.
1. You can set an expiration time for the link. You can specify 30 minutes, one hour, 6 hours, 12 hours, a day, or never for the link to be valid before it expires. If someone clicks on the link after it has expired, it will give a message that it is invalid.
2. You can also set the number of times a link can be used. You can set once, five times, 10 times, 25 times, 50 times, or 100 times. If the link is used after the set number of times, an error message will be shown.
3. You can also set the link to allow temporary membership. Whenever the person invited logs out, the person is removed from the channel.
Discord is an interesting place to be. It is a flexible platform with features that makes communication easy. The Invite feature is one of such feature and we covered how to use it in this post. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…