TikTok is an interesting platform that people are getting on to entertain themselves. It’s a video-based platform where creators can express their talents and even businesses can market to their audience
TikTok has a lot of videos and you might have viewed an interesting video that you have now lost. How do you get it back?
Although TikTok does not have “Watch History” section, but there’s a workaround you can use to get to your history. To get your history, you”ll have to request your data. Every of your data in TikTok is on this file. You’ll find information such as followers list, comment history, bio, likes list, and more. You can also find videos you’ve watched there.
How to See Your Watch History in TikTok on Android
The TikTok Android app allows you to see your Watch History with the workaround. You will have to request your TikTok data and then download it to view your watch history.
Here’s how to download your TikTok data on Android:
1. Launch your TikTok app and navigate to your profile.
2. Tap the menu icon which you’ll see at the top-right corner.
3. After that, select “Settings & Privacy”
4. Next, select “Privacy”.
5. When you’re done with that, choose “Personalization and Data”.
6. Now, select “Download your Data”.
7. After that, hit the “Request Data” button.
You will see a notification of your request and you can view the status of the request by tapping on “Download Data” tab.
8. Select “Download” to save your TikTok data to your storage.
9. You can then access the file on your storage and open it. It is a ZIP file that contains many text files. Select “Video Browsing History” and you’ll see all the videos you have viewed, with their date, time and link.
10. Copy and enter the link in your browser to view the video.
How to See Your Watch History in TikTok on iOS
Below are steps you can take to request your TikTok data file on an iPhone.
1. Launch the “TikTok” app and navigate to your profile
2. Next, tap the menu icon at the top-right corner and select Settings & Privacy.
3. After that, choose “Personalization and Data”.
4. Next, tap “Download your Data”
5. Hit “Request Data” which you’ll see below.
The data will then be requested. You can see the status of your request by tapping the “Download Data” tab. You will see “Pending” and it will take about 24 hours for TikTok to process your request.
When your file is ready, hit Download and then TikTok will take you to your browser.
6. In your browser, you will be asked to sign into your TikTok account. You might be even asked to verify it.
7. When you see the pop-up window, select “Download”
8. The data is contained in a zipped folder and you can open it with your file manager.
9. After opening the zip file, you will see many .txt files. Open the one that is called “Video Browsing History”
10. In the file are the date, time, and link to each video you have watched. You can enter the link in your browser to watch it.
How to See Your Watch History on TikTok on PC & Mac
1. Open your preferred web browser and open TikTok.
2. Next, tap your profile icon which you’ll see at the top-right and click Settings.
3. Click “Download your Data” which you’ll see at the “Privacy” section.
4. After that, make sure “TXT”is the option selected within the “Select File Format” section.
5. After that, hit “Request Data”.
6. Now, click on the “Download Data” tab to see the status of your request.
7. When the data is available, download it and unzip it.
8. In it, you will find the “Video Browsing Folder” containing all the videos you have watched.
TikTok is an interesting place to be, that why when you lose a video you can be pained. Luckily, with this workaround, you should be able get to that video. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…