How to Disable Search Suggestions on Chrome
Chrome is the most popular browser on planet Earth today. Although there are other browsers, no one beats the popularity of this Google-owned browser. The browser which exists for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac and Linux is widely used by many internet users.
One of the things you interface with regularly when using web browsers is the address bar. Before you can visit a website, you first need to type in the address or some search query.
Chrome was designed in such a way that it brings up suggestions based on what you are typing. While some people may like this because it makes things faster, other may not. In this guide, we show you how to disable search suggestions in Chrome.
Disable Chrome Search Suggestions on Desktop
If you want to turn off search suggestions on your desktop computer for Chrome whether it is for Windows, Mac or Linux, follow the steps below:
1. At the top-right corner of the browser, click the three-dots icon which will open up the menu.
2. When the three-dots menu opens up, select “Settings”.
3. Navigate through the “Settings” screen and select “You and Google” which you’ll see on the right.
4. Next select “Sync and Google Services” which will open the “Google Services” page.
5. In the “Google Services” page, get to the “Other Google Services” down the page and there, turn off the “Autocomplete Searches and URLs” option.
That will disable search suggestions and you will no longer see them when you start searching.
Disable Chrome’s Search Suggestions on Android
Chrome for Android also allows you to disable search suggestions on the popular operating system too. Here’s how:
1. Launch Chrome on your Android device and go to the top-right corner of Chrome where the three-dots icon is. Tap the three-dots icon.
2. When the menu opens up, select “Settings”.
3. Right there from the Settings page, go to the “Sync and Google Services” page.
4. When the “Google Services” menu shows, turn off the “Autocomplete Searches and URLs” option.
This will lead to the disabling of suggestions whenever you want to search on Chrome.
Disable Chrome’s Search Suggestions on iPhone or iPad
Here’s how to do away with search suggestions on the Chrome app for iPhone or iPad:
1. Launch Chrome and navigate to the bottom-right corner where you’ll see the three-dots icon. Tap the three-dots icon.
2. From the menu that opens up, select “Settings”.
3. From the “Settings” page select, Google Services.”
4. When the “Google Services” menu opens, disable the “Autocomplete Searches and URLs” option. Next tap Done in the top-right corner.
And that’s it. Chrome will no longer show suggestions on your iOS device.
For some, having the search suggestions improve their experience on the browser, for others it affects their browsing experience. If you fall into the second category, you’ll definitely want to disable it, and this guide just gave you all you need. We hope you found it helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.