Social Media networks are norms in many people’s lives today. People connect with each other and establish bonds. There is no doubt the many advantage that it brings.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks. The photo and video-centric social media has a lot to offer. But more often than not, people make searches of who they want to connect with.
The search function can be both a blessing and a curse. A curse in the sense that Instagram can learn more about you and track your activities. In this tutorial, we look at how to delete Instagram Search History so as to prevent the platform from getting wind of your search activities.
What is Instagram Search History
Instagram has the search feature which you can use to search for a varieties of things such as people, profile, topics, hashtags and more.
Instagram Search History is only available to you and others will not see it. However, Instagram can know more about you from the data that it harvests from your search history. The more you search on Instagram, the more Instagram gets more data from you. This is why you get suggestions on who to follow.
Although we may not know other things the data is used for, but you can have a control of what Instagram gathers about you by deleting your search history.
Deleting Your Instagram Search History
If you’ve feel the need to delete your Instagram Search History because you don’t want the company to have access to most of your data, then these steps will be of help. Deleting your search history can prevent scenarios whereby where misguided suggestions occur. Follow the steps below to delete your search history:
On Mobile – Android & iOS
The process of deleting Instagram Search History is similar on both platforms. Although both platforms have differences, the process works the same. Here’s how:
1. Open Instagram and tap the profile icon at the bottom right.
2. Next, tap the three lines icon at the top-right.
3. After that, select “Your Activity” from the options available.
4. Select “Recent Searches”.
5. From the Recent Searches page, hit “Clear All” to clear all the Instagram history at once or tap the x icon beside the items you want to delete.
6. When the confirmation window appears, hit “Clear All”.
On desktop, you can use a web browser to access Instagram and delete your Instagram Search History. Here’s how to clear all your Instagram Search History on any web browser:
1. Open Instagram in your preferred web browser.
2. Next, click the search bar at the top of your screen.
3. You’ll then see all your searches. Now, begin to click X to delete each search or click on “Clear All” to delete all at a time.
Download Your Instagram Data
Social Network gives you the opportunity to connect with people, but not without these platforms knowing a lot about you..if you want know what Instagram knows about you, you are in the right place. You can actually ask for a data dump from Instagram. You will get this file as as a zip file within 48 hours.
1. Open Instagram and tap the Hamburger icon at the top-right.
2. Next, select “Settings” and then “Security”
3. Go to the “Data and History” section and select “Download Data”.
4. Next, enter the email address which the data should be sent to.
5. Hit “Request Download” down the screen.
6. Then, enter your Instagram password.
The email will arrive and you will see the ZIP archive file in it.
Although social media platforms will use your data to give you better services like they claim, such as personalised suggestions, they can know a lot about you and show you ads about anything and everything you do on your device. If you are big on privacy, this guide will surely be of help. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…