Pinterest is an innovative image sharing service that is a source of inspiration. If you’re a cook, or decorator or designer, there are always pins to spark ideas. You can curate these pins into boards which act as a collection of all the images you’ve gathered. You may have many boards and your profile looks messy and unorganized. So, how do you delete boards you don’t need? In this article, you will find out how…
Note: A deleted board is deleted forever and this process cannot be undone. Also, every pin in a board will be deleted once that board is deleted.
How to Delete a Board in Pinterest on Desktop
Deleting a Board in Pinterest is an easy thing to do. You can do it on your PC, Mac, or Linux machine. Here’s how to do this:
1. Open Pinterest on your browser.
2. Next, navigate to your profile photo which you’ll see at the top-right corner of your screen and click it.
3. Identify the board you wish to delete and open it by clicking it.
4. After that, click the three dots icon at the right side of the name of the board.
5. Under “Board Options”, select Edit Board.
6. Next, move down the screen until you see “Delete Board”.
7. Now, click “Delete Board” and then hit “Delete Forever”.
Archiving a Board on Pinterest on PC
If you feel you don’t need a Pinterest board for now, but you may still need to access it in the future, you can archive it instead of deleting it. When you archive a board, it won’t be shown on your profile and you won’t be able to add new pins to it.
Archive a Pinterest board by following the steps below:
1. Go to your Pinterest account.
2. Next, click your profile photo to open to your profile.
3. Locate the board you wish to delete and click it.
4. Next, tap the three-dot icon which will open up other options.
5. Select the Archive option from the list of options
6. Then, hit “Archive”.
How to Delete a Board in Pinterest on Android
It is also possible to delete a board from the Pinterest app. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
1. Locate the board you want removed from your profile.
2. Tap the board to open it.
3. Tap the three-dot icon.
4. Select “Edit Board” from the list of options.
5. Go down the list and hit “Delete”. Confirm your action by hitting “Delete” again.
Archiving a Board in Pinterest on Android
If you don’t want to delete your board permanently, rather you want to hide it, you can archive it. Here’s how to archive boards on Pinterest on Android.
1. Next, find the board you want to archive.
2. Tap the board to open it.
3. Click on the ellipsis icon which is at the top-right side.
4. From the options, select “Archive Board”
5. Hit Archive again.
How to Delete a Board on Pinterest on iOS
You can also quickly delete a board on Pinterest on iOS. Here’s how to do this:
1. Go to your profile by tapping its icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Locate the board you wish to let go of and open it.
3. After that, tap the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the page.
4. Select “Edit Board”.
5. Hit “Delete Board”
6. Next, hit “Delete Forever”.
Archiving a Board in Pinterest on iOS
You may consider archiving a Board instead of delete it. This way, you can have access to it in the future. Here’s how to archive a board in Pinterest…
1. Tap your profile icon which you’ll see down the screen.
2. Locate the board you wish to archive.
3. Tap the three-dot icon at the top-right corner.
4. Tap “Archive Board”.
5. Hit “Archive Board” again.
In order to keep your account organised, you may need to do some weeding by deleting boards you don’t need. Or you may archive boards that you think you’ll need to access in future. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…