How to Create Groups in Discord
Community has always been a part and parcel of the human race. Communities has evolved from what it used to be during the stone ages and right now, we have technology defining what community means.
Discord is one of those technology platform that is helping communities meet and bond. With a platform that gets its users into servers and channels (Discord name for types of community levels), social bonding just got better.
Beyond servers and channels, Discord also has groups which are much smaller than servers and channels. Within a group, you can only have 10 members. This provides a more closer relationship between members. In this guide, we explore how to create groups in Discord.
How to Create Groups in Discord on a Computer
You can easily create groups in Discord on your computer. It is very simple to do. Follow the steps below:
1. Click on the “Friends” tab on Discord.
2. Navigate to the top-right, and click the message icon that has a plus sign.
3. Choose up to 9 friends.
4. Now, create the group.
After creating the group, you can chatting with other members.
You’ll find that this is a simple thing to do.
You can also use another method to create a group. This method involves you adding more people to an existing DM. Here’s how:
1. Select a conversation you have started having with a friend.
2. Next select the add friend icon. This icon is beside the search bar.
3. Now, you can add eight more people to the group.
4. Everyone can then begin chatting.
You will still see the previous conversation with your friend there and the new people added to the group can’t look at the old conversations.
Note, you can’t add users of discord that are not your friends on the platform to groups.
Discord gives groups certain features that are also present in Discord servers. You can pin messages, call and search for contents in group.
You can pin messages also for content that are essential and when your friends want to access the message, they can click the “Pinned Messages”.
Also when you click on the call button, it starts a group call.
The creator of the group has the authority to change some settings. Some of the adjustment is changing the icon, and renaming the group.
How To Create a Group in Discord on an Android Device
You can create a group in Discord on an Android device. The process is very simple and won’t take much time. Here’s how:
1. Sign into your Discord account on your Android device.
2. Next, swipe to the right so that you can access your DM. Scroll up and tap the Message icon.
3. Now, tap the Message icon above the search bar.
4. Select members from your “Friends List”.
5. Start the group and begin a conversation.
You can also start a group using another method. Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch Discord on your Android device.
2. Next, select the message icon.
3. After that, select the second message icon which you’ll see above the search bar.
4. Select one of your conversations.
5. Now, swipe left.
6. Next, select a”Create Group DM”
7. After that, choose those you want to add to the group.
You will have access to some features that are in servers: group calls, pinned messages and more.
How to Create a Group on iPhone
On iOS, it is also possible to create a group. You can create a group in the app and enjoy the advantage of having small groups. Here’s how:
1. Open Discord on your iPhone. Next, tap the message icon at the top of the screen.
2. After that, select the icon at the top of the search bar. This icon is a message icon with a plus sign.
3. Next, choose from the list of your friends.
4. When you’re done with that, create the group DM and you can start chatting.
You can also create a group from the DM of a friend. Here’s how:
1. Open Discord on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap the message icon and go to the conversation you are having with your friend.
3. Next, swipe right.
4. After that, tap on “Create Group DM”.
5. Choose up to 8 friends.
6. Start chatting in the group.
While servers and channels are important for large number of people, groups are also essential to create more bonding between members of a server and channels or within your friends. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…