How to Change the Mouse Cursor on your Windows or Mac Computer
Having a computer allows you to do powerful things. The possibilities is just simply endless. Our computers have been so personal to us that we make them look the way we want them to be. Most people love to change the look and feel of their machines by customising them. Whether it is the background colour, wallpaper or theme, we just want it to look like ours.
Aside those general outlook, you can also consider changing the way your mouse cursor looks. Whether in size, or look, you can tweak it to look like what you want. In this article, we guide you on how to do just that.
How to Change the Cursor on Windows 10
If you wish to change from the default cursor on Windows 10, then it is really possible. Follow the steps below to allow you do this:
1. Go to the taskbar and click the Windows button. You can also open the menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
2. On the Windows menu, select Settings. When the Setting menu opens, select the Devices option.
3. Look over the left side of the screen and select Mouse from the menu. In the Mouse Settings page, click the Additional Mouse options.
4. Once you see the pop-up window, select the second tab called Pointers.
5. Check under Scheme and you’ll find that it is the default option for Windows and the Customise option will have a list of cursors to choose from.
6. The Browse options allows you to find any third-party cursors you downloaded go your system.
7. Once you see a cursor you like, select it, click Apply and hit OK to set the changes.
Changing Cursor Color and Size on Windows
The instructions below will guide you on how to change the color and size of your computer cursor.
1. Launch the Windows menu by clicking its icon or pressing it on your keyboard.
2. Type Ease of Access and search. You’ll see results. Choose mouse Settings from the search results.
3. On the left, select Cursor & Pointer and then customise the color and size of the pointer.
How to Change the Cursor on Mac
It is also possible to change and customise the cursor on your Mac. However, there are not many options like that of Windows. Here are steps to help you tweak your mouse cursor.
1. Launch the Apple menu, select System Preferences > Accessibility.
2. From the Accessibility menu, select Display and then next, Cursor.
It may not be possible to change the cursor color, but you can try changing its contrast. By moving the slider beside Display Contrast, you will find that the cursor can be easily been seen the screen. You can move the slider from light to dark.
Mac allows use to use the locate feature. When you can’t find the cursor, this feature simply lets you move your finger on the touchpad to increase the size of the cursor for a few seconds so you can easily see it.
If you want the cursor to be permanently bigger, simply use the second option and increase the size of the cursor with the slider.
If you’re tired of the way the default mouse looks on your computer, then it’s time to change things. You can adjust how it looks and how it behaves. Though the control is different in Windows and Mac, you can have a different mouse look on both. We hope you found this article helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share…
Leave a Reply