How to Enable or Disable Always on Top on UMPlayer Using Keyboard shortcut or Using Right Click
Always on Top is a features available in almost all media player that enables a player to remain on top of the screen while a video is playing. It will be full screen and it will fill up all the screen size of the computer system.
Always on top is a feature that allows any program (here media player) to stay on top of all other windows even when it not the one selected. This is usually done while multitasking, that is using two or more programs on a Windows Computer.
If you want one program to remain always visible, you will to set it to be always on top.
Now, we will be learning how to enable always on Top using the UMPlayer.
1. Launch the UMPlayer (Open the video, you want to watch)
2. Right click on UMPlayer window, Click on Video, go down you will see stay on top, click on it and then select Always (Sometimes, it might require a restart).
Immediately always stay on top will be enabled for your UMPlayer while in use.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
By default, the Always on top keyboard shortcut is not set in UMPlayer, so we are going to set it. Let’s begin:
1. Launch the UMPlayer.
2. Press Ctrl + P to go to Preferences or go to the Menu bar, Click on Options, then select Preferences.
3. The Preferences window will open.
4. On the Left pane, Click on Keyboard and Mouse.
5. On the right pane, Scroll down till you get to Always (Description), on_top_always (Name).
6. Select that and then Click on Change Shortcut.
7. The Modify shortcut window will open.
8. Hold down or press any key or a combination of keys you wish to use as the always on top shortcut, be careful not to press in use keyboard shortcuts (I choose Shift + F1).
9. Click on Ok on the modify shortcut window, then click on Apply and OK on UMPlayer Preferences window.
10. Now you can continue using your selected keyboard shortcut to always keep UMPlayer Always on Top especially when multitasking.
Hope with this you have been able to keep UMPlayer always on top especially when watching a video or a movies.
Please share and comment below.