How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
There are different reasons why you may want to transfer photos from your iPhone to your Mac. Maybe you want to free up some space on your iPhone or backup your iPhone photos before deleting them. It could even be because you need to transfer photos to a friend’s Mac or because you want to use some photo editing software on Mac to edit your photos. Whichever case it may be, it is possible to transfer photos between the two Apple device. In this article, we show you how to do this.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using USB Cable
1. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Mac
2. Your Mac will launch the Photos Mac automatically. If this isn’t the case, go to the Applications folder and launch the Photos app.
3. From the top menu, select File, and then select Import.
4. You can select the photos you want by pressing down the command key and clicking the photos you wish to transfer. After this, click Review for Import.
5. If you’ve previously imported some or all of the photos you selected, your Mac will alert you, then you’ll be presented with an option to import the remaining photo(s) by selecting Import New Photo.
6. If you prefer to import all the photos to your iPhone that hasn’t been previously backed up, select Import All New Items.
You can see your recently imported photos by opening Last Import which is located on the sidebar. And that’s all.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using AirDrop
Using the AirDrop to transfer photos helps you transfer within seconds. You have to note that both device must be in the same Wi-Fi network and within the Bluetooth range.
Here’s how to use AirDrop to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac.
1. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and select the photos you want to transfer.
2. Tap Share and select AirDrop from the list of options that come up.
3. All Apple users within that area will be displayed on the app.
4. Select the device you want the photos transferred to and tap Done.
5. If you didn’t find the person on the device list, check the device which would be accepting the photos that it is marked as discoverable by everyone.
The files that were imported to the Mac can be found in the Downloads folder.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using iCloud Photos
iCloud Photos is the cloud storage platform for photos. When iCloud Photos is activated on your device, all your iPhone photos are synced and stored in iCloud so you can use your Mac or any other device to download and view them. Before you continue, make sure your iPhone and Mac are both signed in with the same Apple ID.
1. Click the Apple icon at the top left of the screen on your Mac. Navigate to System Preferences > Choose iCloud.
2. Check the box beside the iCloud Photo Library.
3. On your iPhone or iPad, navigate to Settings > Ensure iCloud Photos is on.
And your iPhone photos will sync to iCloud which you can then view on your Mac.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac Using Image Capture
Go through these steps to know how to import photos from iPhone to Mac via Image Capture.
1. Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone to Mac.
2. Launch Image Capture on your Mac.
3. Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
4. Set the destination folder for your iPhone photos.
5. Hit Import or Import all to transfer your photos from iPhone to Mac.
You can also check out
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.