How to Track a Lost iPhone
Losing something can be painful especially when it isn’t found at last. Losing an iPhone that is quite expensive can be painful too but what’s more painful is when you are losing all your data (if you didn’t back them up) or when your data can be accessed without permission. You probably are reading this article because your iPhone is missing. In this article, we have done justice to the ways to find your iPhone and be happy again.
How to track your Missing iPhone using the Find My
1. Launch the Find My app in your iOS device.
2. Input your Apple ID and password. Your Apple ID was the account you set up when you got your first iPhone.
3. Tap Devices.
4. You’ll see a map that will show you your location and devices that are with you. Check your home address and that of your workplace to see if your lost devices are at any of these locations.
5. Locate the device that got lost from the list of devices that you registered for Find My.
6. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to see the location of the device you want to track on a map interface. You can choose between the number of options available: Play Sound, Directions, Notifications, Mark as Lost, and Erase This Device. If the location of your phone is at home or in your office, you can Play a Sound and trace it to where it is.
7. Your iPhone might be in the bus where you forgot it while going to work. You may notice that the location of the iPhone is changing. If this is the case, choose the Mark As Lost option.
8. The Mark As Lost option is also applicable in a case where you are not presently at the location where it is, or if it doesn’t show any location. Choosing Mark As Lost will provide you with options to provide contact information to anyone that finds it or to enter a message, so that it would be shown to whoever finds it. When you’re done with these steps, tap Activate.
9. If it seems as if you won’t be able to find your iPhone, you can choose Erase This Device or if you have some hope, then choose Notify When Found.
How to Find Your Missing iPhone with Someone Else’s iPhone
You can use your friend’s or family member’s iPhone to find your iPhone. By logging into their device, you can track your lost iPhone. Don’t sign out from your friend’s or family member’s Apple ID when using their iPhone; instead use the Me tab in the Find My app that will enable you to log in remotely. Follow these steps to find your iPhone with another person’s iPhone:
1. Launch the Find My app on your friend’s device.
2. Select the Me tab.
3. Locate and tap Help A Friend.
5. You’ll be required to log into iCloud. If a prompt comes up telling you to use Touch or Face ID, select Use Different Apple ID.
6. Input your iCloud ID login credentials and login.
7. If you’re asked to save your password, select Not Now.
8. From here, follow the steps outlined in the previous section to locate your lost iPhone.
9. Once you’re through, tap your name on the top right of the screen and then Sign Out.
How to find your Missing iPhone with a Computer
1. On a web browser, visit iCloud.com .
2. Log into your iCloud account – ensure this is the same iCloud account that you logged into on your missing iPhone.
3. Click the Find My iPhone icon.
4. Click the All Devices menu which is located at the top.
5. Locate and select the iOS device that is missing.
8. Locate your iPhone location by panning and zooming on the map interface.
You can also check out
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Track a Lost iPhone.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.