How to Share Apple Watch Face on watchOS 7
There are many exciting things watchOS 7 brings on board. This time around, the watchOS is equipped with new features and one of them is the ability to share watch faces. Isn’t it exciting when you can share the watch face you have on WhatsApp or Twitter to your friends or have your friends watch face on your own Apple watch? Here we’ll talk about how to do that…
Share Apple Watch Face via iMessage
1. Press and hold the clock screen of your Apple Watch till the face picker/editor is displayed. In the past, to bring up this screen, you’ll have to force touch on the Apple Watch screen, but watchOS 7 removed that.
2. You’ll see a ‘Share’ icon beside the ‘Edit’ button. Tap the share icon.
3. Get the contact you want to share to by typing in the name of the contact. You can also use the plus icon to choose from the recent contact that texted you.
4. You can also change some settings by tapping the name of your watch face. At this point, you can decide if you want the complication to be included and the data excluded from the watch display. You may also choose not to include the complication at all.
Once you’ve done with the above steps, and you are satisfied, tap Share icon. Now, the watch face will be sent as an attachment to the selected contact.
Share Apple Watch Face via Watch App on iPhone
1. Launch the Watch app on you iPhone or iPad and tap the ‘My Watch’ tab.
2. When opened, you will see the watch faces under MY FACES. VIew them by scrolling horizontally. Tap the one you have in mind to share.
3. At the top right, you’ll see the Share icon, tap it.
4. Various Share options like WhatsApp will appear, choose your preferred one.
And whatever sharing option you choose will cause the Watch Face to be shared.
How to Add A Shared Apple Watch Face
When you are sent an Apple Watch Face, all you need to to use it is to tap the link and use the Apple Watch companion app on iPhone to open it. The process is simple on Apple Watch as you can get the shared faces in Messages and add them without the need for your iPhone.
When you get a watch face shared on Twitter or WhatsApp, the process to add it is different. When you receive the watch face, it would appear as an iCloud link. Save the link and open it in the Apple Watch companion app on your iOS device.
If you receive a Watch Face that is composed of a complication based on an app you don’t have installed, the Apple Watch app on iPhone will let you download the app so that it works well. You can do decide to just use the Watch Face like that without that complication.
You can also customize the Watch Face to your preference after adding it.
You can also check out
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Share Apple Watch Face on watchOS 7.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.