How to Remove Members from a Telegram Group
If you’re looking to connect with a large number of people and with diverse audience, social media groups are the best for this. Not only are you interacting with these people, you’ll also learning from their diverse knowledge. Social media Groups are the online version of social gathering but offers more convenience and control. This can be seen in Telegram Groups which allows you to remove a member. If you want to know how to remove members from a group in Telegram, the guide here will help you out.
How to Remove a Group Member on Telegram
Find below the steps to remove a group members on Telegram. We have instructions for Mac, PC, Android and iOS.
Remove Group Member on Telegram for Windows
1. Launch Telegram and navigate to the said group chat that has the member.
2. Select the group name at the top and find the member you wish to delete.
3. Click the X icon beside the name of the person.
4. Next, hit REMOVE to finalise the process.
Remove Group Member on Telegram for Mac
1. Launch the Telegram app on your Mac and get to the group chat that has the member you want to remove.
2. Click the group name and select Edit located at the top.
3. Find the member you wish to remove.
4. Click the “Minus” icon beside the member.
Doing that will remove such member.
Remove Group Member on Telegram for iOS
1. Launch Telegram on your iPhone or iPad and go to the group chat screen.
2. Tap the group profile icon and you’ll see the list of group members
3. Select the member. Do this by holding and sliding your finger to the left on the member’s name.
4. You’ll see three options: Promote, Restrict, Delete.
Hit Delete and the member will be removed.
Remove Group Member on Telegram for Android
1. On your Android device, launch Telegram and go to the Group Chat.
2. Next tap the Group Chat name. You’ll see all the members of the group in a list.
3. Select the member you wish to remove and select Remove.
The member will then be removed.
How to Delete Group Chat Messages on Telegram for Desktop
You can delete Telegram messages on your Windows and Mac the same way. Here’s how:
1. Launch Telegram on your computer and open the chat that has the message to be deleted.
2. Right-click on the said message and from the pop-up menu that displays, select Delete Message.
3. You’ll see a message asking you to confirm your decision. Click Delete.
This will cause the message to be deleted.
Note that it’s only messages that were sent within hours that can be deleted for you and for the group members.
How to Delete Group Chat Messages on Telegram for Android
1. Launch Telegram on your Android smartphone and go to the chat with the message.
2. Tap and hold the message you wish to delete. This will bring up a pop-up message.
3. Tap the Trash icon. Next, hit Delete.
The message will then be deleted.
You should note that only messages that were sent within 48 hours that can be deleted or else if you’re deleting a message that has stayed longer than that, it won’t be deleted.
How to Delete Group Chat Messages on Telegram for iOS
1. Launch Telegram on your iOS device and navigate to the Chats tab.
2. Open the chat that has the message to be deleted.
3. Tap the chat “Message Bubble” and hold it simultaneously. You’ll see a toolbar on top the message.
4. Select the messages that you wish to delete.
5. Get to the bottom and tap the Trash Can icon.
6. Hit Delete For Me or Delete for everyone. The message will then be deleted.
You can only delete for everyone within 48 hours. After that you’ll only be able to delete for yourself.
Whether there’s a nuisance on your Telegram group or someone isn’t acting right, you can easily use the Remove button and restore sanity to your group. We hope you found this helpful? If you did kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Remove Members from a Telegram Group.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.