How to Disable Search Suggestions on Firefox
Browsing the internet has never been more enjoyable than it is today, thanks to browsers with better user experience and functionalities. Now, you can do a whole lot of stuffs you couldn’t do before. Browsers have now been equipped with the capabilities to handle intensive games and watch HD videos.
Firefox by Mozilla is one of those popular browsers that have been around for a long while now. The app has a lot of features on board including security features. One feature that it has is the Search suggestions feature which automatically suggest search queries as you type in the address bar.
If you find that feature a bottleneck to your browsing experience, you can disable it. In this guide, we’ll show you how:
With Firefox, you can disable address bar search suggestions. This works for whatever search engine you use whether it is Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, and other search engines engines.
Firefox also allows you to make specific selections. What this means is that you can disable suggestions in the regular windows and disable them in the private windows.
Disable Search Suggestions on Firefox for Desktop
Windows, Mac, or Linux users can easily disable search suggestions on their machine in Firefox. Here’s how:
1. Launch the Firefox browser and click the three horizontal lines at the top-right corner of Firefox.
2. When the menu opens up, click “Settings”.
3. The “Settings” page will open and from the left sidebar, select “Search”.
4. Navigate the right pane and get to the “Search Suggestions” section. When you get there, turn off the “Show Search Suggestions in Address Bar Results” option.
If you want to turn off other suggestions in the address bar like browsing history suggestions, click the Change Settings for “Other Address Bar Suggestions” and specify settings there.
If you wish to disable search suggestions in Firefox’s private Windows, disable the “Show Search Suggestions in Private Windows” also.
Once you do this, you won’t see those automatic suggestions whenever you’re using the Firefox address bar.
Disable Search Suggestions in Firefox on Android
You can also do it on the Android version of Firefox. Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch Firefox and tap the three dots icon at the top-right corner of the home screen.
2. When the three-dots menu opens up, select “Settings”.
3. When the Setting page comes up, locate and select Search.
4. Move down the Search screen and locate the “Show Search Suggestions” option. Turn off the option.
Once you do all these, search options will no longer be suggested to you anymore.
Disable Search Suggestions in Firefox on iPhone and iPad
Getting search suggestions off Firefox is also possible on your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how:
1. Launch Firefox on your iDevice. Tap the three horizontal lines at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. When the menu pops up, select “Settings”.
3. Navigate to the Search menu and turn off “Show Search Suggestions” option.
Once you do all these, automatic search suggestions will be disabled.
Using the address bar of Firefox just got interesting with the search suggestions, but it can be in pain in the neck for some. If you wish to disable it, you can go ahead with the steps we provided here. We hope you found this guide helpful? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
Leave a Reply