How to Check Folder Size on Windows and Mac
Computers helps us perform tasks, process large data and information and even provide entertainment. The uses of computers is a long list but one of the major purpose of computers is to save or store information. This is why a storage disk is present in every PC or Mac. You can save your files, projects for future retrieval. You can even categorise them into folders for easy identification. You may be curious as to know the amount of space a folder is taking up in your computer’s storage space and that why we brought this post to you. We’ll be giving you steps on how to know the folder size on a PC and Mac.
How to Check Folder Size on Windows and Mac
You can check the size of folders on the different versions of Windows. Though the interface they may be slightly different on the various versions of the operating system, the steps are the same. Here’s how to view folder size on PC:
1. Locate the folder whose size you want to view, right-click and select Properties
2. The File Properties will open up showing the Size of the folder and its Size on Disk. The file content will also be shown.
You can check the folder size in another way. Just hover your mouse of the folder and a tooltip will be shown that will have the folder size.
How to Always Show Folder Size in Windows Explorer
To always see the folder size when you’re in Windows Explorer, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to File Explorer and locate Options. From there click the View tab.
2. Select Advanced Settings.
3. Select the check box that reads “Display file size information in folder tips.”
4. Hit OK and you’ll have the settings effected.
You’ll then start to see the size details of your folders in the tips.
How to Sort by Folder Size on Windows
Sorting makes finding and grouping things easier and you can do that on Windows. The steps below will help you achieve that.
1. Launch File Explorer and click View. Next, click Sort By.
2. Next, select Size from the drop-down menu.
1. Right-click on an empty space in File Explorer.
2. From the pop-up menu that comes up, click Sort By and then Select Size.
You can also dictate how you want the folder to be sorted – whether in Ascending or Descending order.
How to Show Folder Size on Mac
There are three methods of seeing the size of folders on Mac
1. Locate and select the folder whose size you want to know.
2. Press Command + I on your keyboard to open the Get Info panel from where you can see the folder size.
1. Launch Finder and click View from the menu bar. From there select As List.
2. Click View again on the menu bar. After that, select Show View Options.
3. Check the Size option and the Calculate All Size option
1. Launch Finder. Find the folder whose size you want to know and Select it.
2. Click from the menu bar. Then select Show Preview option.
Whether it is for the purpose of deleting files to free up space or to know how much space a particular folder is taking up, this guide will help you get the file size of any folder on you Windows or Mac machine. We hope you found this post helpful, if you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How To Edit A Zoom Recording
How to Change your Background in Zoom
How to Change Your Name in Zoom Before a Meeting
How to Change Your Name in Zoom During a Meeting
How to Add Photos on TikTok
How to Know Those That Viewed Your Profile on TikTok
TikTok: How To Edit A Video Caption After Posting
How to Check NIN on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
DStv Subscription Package, Prices with Channels
Startimes Subscription Package, Prices, And Channel List For Each Plan
GOtv Subscription Package GOtv Max, Jolli, Jinja and Lite Channel List and Price
GOtv Assigned Channel Number with Channel
GoTV Customer Service Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
StarTimes Customer Care Contact, Social Media Handle & Email Address
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Check Folder Size on Windows and Mac.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.