How to Change the Default Account on Google
Google is one of the giants in Tech. the tech company has a myriad of services that have made life for users easier. The popular one among them are Gmail, YouTube, Google Docs. The beauty of Google is that with just one account, you can access all their services. It is versatile like that.
But most of us don’t just have one Google account. We may have one or two for personal needs and others for work or business. This leaves us with shuttling between our different accounts on Google platform.
There’s probably one account you visit the most and you want this account to be the default account. Maybe it’s not the case now and you want it to be the default account, this guide will provide what you need.
Change Default Google Account on PC or Mac
Since you access your Google Account through a browser, the process will basically be the same for the two operating system. When you try to do anything on Google, you always have a default Google account set which will always open. Follow the steps below to learn how to change your default Google account.
1. Launch your preferred browser and open Google.com website.
2. Next, go to the top-right side of the page and click your profile icon.
3. Click Sign Out of All Accounts which will cause your profile icon to be removed.
4. After that, select Sign In.
5. Select “Sign out of all accounts.”
6. Now, log in with the details of your preferred default account.
7. When you are through with logging in, the account will be set as default and anytime you try to access Google or Gmail, that default account will be the one shown.
Even if you log in with another account, the default account will always be shown as default in the accounts registered on that browser.
Change the Default Google Account on iOS
It is not that easy to change your Google account on your iPhone. It doesn’t have as much robust options as other platform, so you may encounter issues choosing the default account. You want to use Google Chrome app as this is an easier way of changing the default account. Use the follow steps to do this.
1. Launch Chrome and visit mail.gmail.com.
2. When the page opens, tap the hamburger icon located at the upper-left section.
3. Select the drop-down menu up the screen which will reveal the present default Gmail account.
4. Tap Manage your Google Account.
5. Hit Sign Out and then log in with the account you want to set as default.
Change the Default Google Account on Android
Android too doesn’t allow you to change the default account easily. It’s like iOS device. When you try to change the default account on your iOS device, you are taken to your phone’s Google Account settings which is not what you want.
If you wish to change the default account, you can do so from the Google Chrome browser. Simply follow the steps in the iOS section to achieve this.
For convenience sake, it is better to have your preferred account as default account so that you don have to always change to it everytime. This article was prepared to help you achieve that. And we hope you got value from it? If you did, kindly leave a comment and don’t forget to share.
You can also check out
How to Enable Dark Mode on Telegram
How to Download Music from Spotify
Best Keyboard Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Web Browsers for Android
Top 5 Best Music Player Apps for Android
Top 5 Best Alarm Clock Apps for Android
Top 5 Best eBook Reader Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 4 Best VPN Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Apps for Monitoring Data on iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Translation Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Alarm Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Calendar Apps for iPhone and iPad
Top 5 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone and iPad
Hope with this, you have learnt How to Change the Default Account on Google.
Please share and like below, also comment below for any problem faced or encountered.
Leave a Reply